Sunday 31 May 2015

Politicians lose their seats but Comfort's Wood gains one...

It's been quite a while since I last updated this blog and so let me add some of the new things I have noticed...



Well what I noticed first of all was this new....notice (board) on the gates at the Swattenden Lane entrance. There are also new gateposts to replace the rotten ones, and some road-stone has been added to the high wear areas through the kissing gate...




Then on April 21st I saw that a new bench had been placed within the woods at a point just above what we locals call 'the dip'...





No sooner had it appeared, than it disappeared! Well, that's what I thought anyway. In fact it had been moved to a different location, closer to the entrance to the woods...




Here's the plaque showing the dedication...






The woods themselves have really 'greened up' over the past few weeks and are looking quite lush right now...






I spotted a bird one morning that I didn't recognise and have been unable to identify thus far. Unfortunately, I only saw it once from quite a distance and only had the Lumix point and shoot camera, so these two pictures are not great and no help at all as far as ID goes...




I did wonder if it was just a hen pheasant but the shape and size didn't seem right and also that white stripe across and behind the eye seems wrong?


Plenty of hawthorn flowers around in parts of the woods...





I have found quite a number of invertebrates recently and so I will add a few here and put the rest on the wildlife page of this blog...


A Longhorn Beetle



A Brassica Bug




A Mayfly





The Sprawler (Moth Caterpillar)


Actually, I think I will add all of these latest finds to the wildlife page, including the ones above.

That's all for this update but as we enter a new month (June) there will be plenty to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment