Saturday 3 March 2018

The Beast from The East inhabits the woods...

2018 has got off to an interesting start regards the weather. Here we are just into March and we have been told that we have just had the coldest recorded March day.....EVER!

Right across the press and media were reports of The Beast from The East...

On Wednesday February 27th I decided to pay a visit to Comfort's Wood to see how things were looking, and sure enough, the beast was inhabiting these woods too...



I apologise for the amount of snow photographs that follow, but it doesn't happen too often and I wanted to record it as best I could...





















































As I write it is now March 3rd and we have had quite a thaw locally today. I am hopeful that winter has had its last hoorah and we can now move on to springtime in the woods...



1 comment:

  1. What a Lovely time I've had here viewing...These are FABULOUS photos!! They are so varied and give one a real feeling of it's impact...I even love how you captured the abstract visual of the snow trapped among the tiny bare twigs and branches. Also that one that kind of looks like an ice-cream cone...the very delicate remnants of a thistle or something. The one 7th from the bottom actually looks like The Beast's face! Number 11 from top is one of my very faves; it is SO BEAUTIFUL! And I love ALL the benches showing the depth nice and vividly! What a wonderfully illustrated documentation of this powerful snow storm as it impacted this lovely special Wood!

    ReplyDelete